16 Jan Coconut Curry Chicken Soup
Nothing like this warm, aromatic soup to battle this cold winter weather! This recipe looks like it has a lot of steps but it’s soooo easy to make! I never serve mine the day of because it tastes way better the next day!
- olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- 3/4 cup diced carrots
- 3 tbsp red curry paste I use the Thai Kitchen brand
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 cups chicken broth I used chicken bone broth
- 2 14 oz. cans of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- the zest of one lime
- 2 dried basil leaves
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1-3 tbsp Sriracha Depends on how spicy you like it
- 1 whole shredded chicken I use the whole roasted chickens from the grocery store and shred them.
- Add carrots and onions to a medium-high heat pan drizzled with olive oil. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add curry paste, garlic and ginger. Cook for one minute.
- Add chicken broth, soy sauce and fish oil. Bring to a simmer.
- Add brown sugar, lime zest and bay leaves. Simmer again.
- Add coconut milk, broccoli and bell peppers. Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and cook (covered) until broccoli is tender but not mushy).
- Add chicken, cilantro, sriracha, salt and pepper. Turn off heat and serve.