29 Oct Cream Chicken, Sausage and Kale Soup
- 1 cup diced, smoked sausage (I used polish kielbasa)
- 3 cups shredded chicken or turkey
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1/2 sprig rosemary
- 1 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 large handfuls of chopped kale
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Season Salt
- Black Pepper
- Flavor God Everything Spicy (optional)
- Saute Sausage. Once browned, add onion.
- Once onions become translucent, add carrots, and celery. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add rosemary, thyme and bay leaf. Season and saute for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and turkey. Saute.
- Add broth, water and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add two large handfuls of kale. Reduce heat to medium low and cover for 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add heavy cream.
- Serve alone or over rice. Enjoy!