10 Mar Creamy Beef Stroganoff
This creamy beef stroganoff recipe is like a grown-up, sophisticated Beefaroni and I couldn’t be more obsessed OMG! Even better: It only cost me under $18 to make. Even better than that: It takes under 20 minutes to make! MOM WIN!!!
Creamy Beef Stroganoff
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- olive oil
- 1/2-1 lb Sirloin steak (cut into thin strips)
- 1/2 large yellow onion (sliced)
- 2 spigs fresh thyme
- 2 basil leaves
- 2 large cloves of garlic (minced)
- 3-4 cups beef broth (set 1/2 cup to the side)
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1-2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- cooked egg noodles
- season salt
- black pepper
- garlic salt
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Heat olive oil and butter in a hot pan
- Add sirloin and season with season salt, garlic powder and black pepper. cook until browned on all sides (about 4-6 minutes) then remove from pan (leave juices in pan).
- Add onions to the pan and cook until nearly translucent. Then add basil, thyme and garlic. cook for an addition 2 minutes while continually stirring.
- Add 1/2 cup of broth to de-glaze the pan. Cook for 30 seconds and scrap up the bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add kale to the pan and mix with onions and herbs.
- Add remaining broth, Worcestershire sauce and cook for 3-4 minutes. Bring to a boil.
- Add heavy cream and cook for 2 minutes until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Return steak to the pan and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add noodles to the mix and red pepper flakes. Taste and season with more season salt if necessary. Serve immediately.