15 Mar Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken
Last week I bought split chicken breasts because it was on sale and I was broke lol. Then I had to figure out what to make with it. I got home and found a bottle of BBQ sauce and potato rolls, I knew just what to make- PULLED CHICKEN SLIDERS! It was 6pm and I had to move quick. So I pulled out my instant pot and got to work. To my astonishment, it only took 15 minutes to cook! Tender, juicy chicken that tasted like it had cooked in the slow cooker for hours! MOM WIN! Let me know what you think about the recipe below!
If you’re making this in a crock pot, put everything except the BBQ sauce in the crock pot on low for 5 hours. Then follow steps 5-7.
Ps. I used Flavor God seasoning (here’s the link if you want to try it) because it’s my favorite and tastes BOMB but you can totally just use season salt instead. Just omit the salt if you do.
And if you haven’t tried the Instant Pot but your on the fence about buying one, I would strongly suggest you do! It’s a life saver! Click here if you’re interested in getting one:)
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken
- 2 Bone-in Split Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 Medium Onion (sliced)
- 2 tbsp Apple Juice
- 2 tbsp Worchestire Sauce
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 Dried Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Flavor God Everything Spicy (Optional)
- Salt & Pepper
- Layer onions on the bottom of the instant pot.
- Place chicken breasts on top of onions making sure not to stack them on top of each other.
- Pour apple juice, Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar and seasonings over chicken.
- Cover and cook on “pressure cook” for 15 minutes. Do not remove the lid until all the steam has been released.
- Remove chicken from the Instant pot, remove bones and shred.
- Remove bay leaf and half of the liquid that was left in the pot. Return chicken back to the pot and mix with BBQ Sauce.
- Serve on potato rolls.