30 Sep Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 6 Russet potatoes (diced)
- 32 oz chicken Broth
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 lb bacon (cooked and chopped)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- black pepper
- season salt
- Melt oil and butter in a soup pot on medium high heat.
- Add onions, carrots, celery and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add diced potatoes and season with black pepper and season salt.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover and reduce the heat to medium low. Cook until potatoes are tender.
- Turn off the heat. Remove half of the cooked veggie mixture and add it to your blender and blend until smooth. (Be careful when blending hot liquids. I left my top ajar to allow the steam to escape while blending.)
- Return blended veggies to the pot. Add cream, cheese and bacon.