05 Apr Pesto Chicken Tortellini with Spring Veggies
Spring time is here and that means that beautiful, colorful veggies are in season! BUT as many of us Momma’s know, getting kids to eat veggies is a damn chore. How do I get my kids to eat their veggies? I have them help me in the kitchen! They take so much pride in the meals they helped me prepare that they down the veggies with no problems at all:)
This quick and easy meal is not only delicious but super kid-friendly to prepare! And which kid doesn’t like cheese filled noodles?!?! My oldest and I prepared this with pesto sauce but you can use marinara or alfredo sauce if that’s your fave!
Pesto Chicken Tortellini with Spring Veggies
- 9-12 oz Fresh Cheese Tortellini Normally found near the hummus and cheese.
- 1 cup Chopped asparagus
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes I found some beautiful tricolored tomatoes but the regular work just the same.
- 9 oz Pre-cooked chicken strips
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup Pesto sauce I used jar but I suggest using fresh
- Salt, pepper and season salt
- Place pan on stove and heat to high heat. Once hot, add 1 tbsp of olive oil and drop asparagus in the pan. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and drop in tortellini. Cook for 3 minutes.
- While the tortellini is cooking, add the chicken and tomatoes to the asparagus. Season with salt, pepper and season salt.
- Once cooked, add tortellini and 1/2 cup of the water it was cooked in, to the chicken/veggie mixture. Then add pesto sauce and mix.
- Turn off heat and serve immediately.