21 Mar Rich & Hearty Beef Stew
My husband and boys are meat and potato kind of guys. They love meatloaf, ribs, steak and everything in between but one of their favorite dishes is this hearty beef stew served over mashed potatoes.
This particular time, I made this on the stove because I wanted a richer sauce. But normally I just throw all of the ingredients (but only 1 cup of beef broth) in the crock pot and cook it on low for 6 hours. It still have the same, delicious flavor but a looser, more liquidy (is that even a word?) sauce.
Rich & Hearty Beef Stew
- 1 1/3 – 1/2 lb Stew meat
- 1/2 Large yellow onion (diced)
- 1 cup Carrots (chopped)
- 2 stalks Celery (chopped)
- 1 cup Baby bella mushrooms (quartered)
- 1/2 tbsp Minced garlic
- 1/2 Cup Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Pack Lipton Soup Mix
- 3 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 2 cups Beef Broth
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Flavor God Everything Spicy (optional)
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- Black Pepper
- Place large plan on a the stove at high heat. Once the pan is very hot, place stew meat in pan making sure to sear each side very well (this locks in the juices).
- Remove meat from pan and set aside. Turn heat to medium-high and add onions, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic and mushrooms to the pan and saute for 1-2 minutes. Make sure to keep stirring the veggies so the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Return the meat back to the pan and add tomatoes, onion soup mix, flavor god, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Once combined add Worcester sauce, beef broth and water. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for two hours or until meat is tender.
- Serve over mashed potatoes.